Monday, November 5, 2012

"Meet our client"! I should say she is more than a client, she and her family are more like friends.


Today we are going to read a post on what I call, "Meet our client"! I should say she is more than a client, she and her family are more like friends. When I asked Jeet if she would like to write a blog post for the new blog, she was more than happy to. After meeting Jeet and her husband Jesse more than a year ago, for a family portrait session with her parents and siblings equaling to 7 people, there have been funny dinners, were we can't stop laughing, to a limited edition bunny session for Gisele where outside the studio a storm was more than roaring the inside of the studio. 

With out further ado! Jeet Bahra



Family
   When it comes to family… I think of at least 200 people. I have grown up in a family where my mother and father collectively have 7 siblings - some of whom also had 4 or 5 children, others “only” 2.  Most of those children have had 2-4 children as well.  My parents had 3.  To go even further, some of those children have had children - can you keep up any more? I am one of those children who have had children, except in my case; I have had one special little girl named Gisele.




Gisele is the spoiled only grandchild and admired by a several hundred on Facebook. I usually get messages and wall posts from old college friends telling me that they've been stalking me from afar and have set notifications for when I upload new photos.  This does not freak me out, in fact (like many proud parents) I find it extremely flattering.  To sum it up, Gisele is pretty awesome!  Those who have been lucky enough to meet her have experienced the effects of her infectious dimpled smile.  Gisele doesn't run - she hops!  And she most certainly does not talk… She Sing-Songs!  Rarely, if ever, does she stop smiling!  And with that infectious smiling comes the laughter.  Laughter, which she manages to do ever so loudly… needless to say, I think she’s pretty neat!

She calls almost everyone in my family “Jeet” because my parents have a cute little pattern going. My mother’s name is Harjit; Dad- Ranjit; Sister- Sujit; Brother- Ajit.  She’s had the “mama”, “papa” thing down for quite awhile.  Because she got bored with that, she wanted to go further by learning other names…  I figure she’s probably confused, like most other people, when I tell them that Jeet is my full name, and I am part of a whole family of “Jeets”.


Becoming and being a mother has been an amazing journey, especially with all its ups and downs! Gisele was born in May of 2010, and at that very moment I thought... “Oh. My. God. What am I going to do now… and how do I do this?!”  While growing up, I was one of the kids being taken care of.  It seemed, things always fell into place.  I suppose this was because there were so many people around to raise me, constantly.  “How is this possible?” you may ask. They ALL live in Montgomery County, MD within minutes of each other and my parents lived (and still live) smack in the middle! While most of my family is here in the United States, I do have one aunt and one uncle, still living in India. My aunt hasn’t met Gisele yet- but I am sure it will happen soon enough!  In 2009 my husband’s job has moved us to Virginia, and since then, I cannot think of living anywhere else. I love it here!


Even though I’m close geographically, I’m not as close as I used to be, and that left a family void.  Since I’m far away from the place I grew up, I felt the need to create my own sense of family.  Life is certainly a bit quieter than it was when I was growing up, but it is just as wonderful, in its own way.  I enjoy every moment with Gisele, and am amazed by every new word she spits at me, and every new song she sings to me. Most recently, she’s wowed me, by remembering things that happened days ago. She also started singing "Twinkle Twinkle" and knows all the words to it! Following in her maternal grandmother (otherwise known as “mamas”)’s footsteps, she has taken to paintbrushes and crafts. Who knows what the future has in store for her!









While we were in Warrenton, VA we came across Robert Everton Photography.  We are huge fans of Robert & Holly’s work, and have thoroughly enjoyed working with them on numerous occasions!


Not only have they photographed Miss Gigi several times, they’ve actually managed to photograph all the “Jeets” (my family of 7 people).  Holly and Robert are such a great team; they are great with children, animals, and large groups. They are very funny and extremely easy to work with- not stuffy at all!  Their adorable studio sits on lots of land which comes in handy for great pictures. You wouldn’t know the difference if you were running through the fields of the Shenandoah Valley. Their prices are reasonable, they offer great products, and are always willing to personalize your package of photos. They've been really good to my family. We are sure we will be coming back to them as long as Gisele lets us; she’s pretty fond of attention and loves Robert so I am sure that will be often.

Gisele recently did one of the Limited Edition Bunny Sessions and had a ball. It shows in every single photo taken that day. I highly recommend Holly and Robert at Robert Everton Photography for all your photography needs.






3 comments:

  1. Such a great post!! <3 <3 Giselle is gorgeous! Great job Robert and Holly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! But it wouldn't be possible with out our great clients like Jeet and the sweet little Gisele!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thanks guys!!

    ReplyDelete